Skip to main content

Advertisement

Figure 1 | BMC Genomics

Figure 1

From: Development of the first marmoset-specific DNA microarray (EUMAMA): a new genetic tool for large-scale expression profiling in a non-human primate

Figure 1

Pie charts. A: Composition of 3215 marmoset ESTs. Pie chart indicating the composition of the 3215 marmoset ESTs derived from a normalized hippocampal cDNA library. After mapping and annotation, a total of 1932 (60%) ESTs were assigned a gene name, 610 (19%) contained a partial ORF, 642 (20%) were mappable to a genome but could not be assigned a gene name and 31 (1%) could not be mapped. B: Origin of marmoset sequences. Pie chart indicating the origin of the marmoset sequences represented on the marmoset microarray. Of the in total 1541 marmoset transcripts represented on the array the majority (1445 = 95%) were derived from the set of 3215 marmoset ESTs submitted to GenBank. The remaining 5% consisted of 68 pre-existing marmoset sequences already present in GenBank and 28 ESTs from the hippocampal cDNA library that were not submitted to GenBank. The 1445 submitted ESTs could be subdivided into a group of 886 (58%) that were assigned a gene name, 364 (24%) with a (partial) ORF, 188 (12%) that were mappable but without a gene name or an ORF and 7 (0%) that were not mappable.

Back to article page